Support Worker Liverpool
10.90 an hour
We are currently recruiting experienced Support Workers to work within variety of 24 hour supported accommodation services and floating support services for Housing Associations and charities that provides support to young people in the Liverpool area
We can offer shift work on a flexible working basis that suits you. Shifts that we can offer range from day and waking night shifts across 7 days a week.
If you are passionate, flexible and have experience and knowledge of working with young people and other vulnerable clients we would like to hear from you.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Ensuring the safety, security and wellbeing of the residents at all times.
- Supporting and empowering service users with housing related issues such as rents, repairs, and housing and welfare benefits
- Maintaining communication logbook and recording all relevant information.
- Carrying out routine building patrols
- Monitoring and operating CCTV
- Signing visitors in and out of the property
- Ensuring the safety and security needs of the residents and building, including health and safety checks, reporting repairs
- Obtaining full handover from staff and providing a full handover at the end of each shift
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of working in a 24-hour supported accommodation service or floating support service
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to work independently using own initiative
- The ability to manage incidents and undertake lone working
An ability to identify Health and Safety issues and action repairs and maintenance of property.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to maintain accurate records
Candidates should have a current, enhanced DBS certificate, if you do not hold a valid DBS Certificate, they must be willing to apply for one
An immediate start can be offered subject to employment and DBS check